This is such a fun project for anyone that loves baking cookies!!!! This is my new wreath on my bakery door! I hope to share some bakery pictures in the next week or so!
I used an extra set of plastic cutters that I found at Walmart for $1.47 for 6. The pink and green cutters are all from this set, though this little green chick below didn't make the cut! The yellow cutters are duplicates that I had from Wilton sets. I believe they come in the large 101 set. I wanted to use plastic cutters so that rust wasn't an issue. I would guess you could use metal if you coated them in paint that would protect them.
Supplies for this project are:
-Green floral wire
-Wired ribbon - I used 2 rolls that were 3 yards each and had just a little leftover
- scissor (if you don't want to cut the wire with the scissors you will also need something to cut the wire!)
- silk flowers (optional)
I had my glue gun all heated up but didn't end up using it!!
I started by arranging the cookie cutters.
At first I thought I would wrap the wreath with the ribbon. 3 yards was enough for that if you prefer to do that - instead of tying a knot on each cutter.
Since I was loving the wrapped ribbon, I came up with the idea to tie a knot on each cookie cutter. The ribbon also hid the wire I used to secure the cutter to the wreath. Tie a knot around each cutter - try to plan where the knots should go based on where the cutter will be on the wreath. I didn't want all of the knots facing in or in the same spots - I tried to vary that. Then cut a piece of wire long enough to wrap around the wreath - and attach the cutter to the wreath, hiding the wire with the ribbon. I put the wire through the ribbon knot to help hide it - but make sure it is going over the cutter too - not just through the ribbon. Trim the ribbon ends and arrange.
I tucked some white silk flowers into the wreath as well but I don't think they are very noticeable.
Let me know if you try this!! I would love to see pictures!!