Monday, March 23, 2015

Cookie Cutter Easter Wreath

This is such a fun project for anyone that loves baking cookies!!!!  This is my new wreath on my bakery door!  I hope to share some bakery pictures in the next week or so!


I used an extra set of plastic cutters that I found at Walmart for $1.47 for 6.  The pink and green cutters are all from this set, though this little green chick below didn't make the cut!  The yellow cutters are duplicates that I had from Wilton sets.  I believe they come in the large 101 set.  I wanted to use plastic cutters so that rust wasn't an issue.  I would guess you could use metal if you coated them in paint that would protect them.


Supplies for this project are:

-Grapevine wreath
-Green floral wire
-Wired ribbon - I used 2 rolls that were 3 yards each and had just a little leftover
-cookie cutters
- scissor (if you don't want to cut the wire with the scissors you will also need something to cut the wire!)
- silk flowers (optional)

I had my glue gun all heated up but didn't end up using it!!

I started by arranging the cookie cutters.


At first I thought I would wrap the wreath with the ribbon.  3 yards was enough for that if you prefer to do that - instead of tying a knot on each cutter.


Since I was loving the wrapped ribbon, I came up with the idea to tie a knot on each cookie cutter.  The ribbon also hid the wire I used to secure the cutter to the wreath.  Tie a knot around each cutter - try to plan where the knots should go based on where the cutter will be on the wreath.  I didn't want all of the knots facing in or in the same spots - I tried to vary that.  Then cut a piece of wire long enough to wrap around the wreath - and attach the cutter to the wreath, hiding the wire with the ribbon.  I put the wire through the ribbon knot to help hide it - but make sure it is going over the cutter too - not just through the ribbon.  Trim the ribbon ends and arrange.


I tucked some white silk flowers into the wreath as well but I don't think they are very noticeable.

Let me know if you try this!!  I would love to see pictures!!






1 comment: